SPATIAL project for the Western Balkan region
The countries involved have the ambition to improve the access and harmonisation of geospatial information. They expressed the need for efficient policy and decision making processes with reliable authoritative geospatial information. Society in general will benefit from the transparent access to information. This contributes to a stable and sustainable relation between the citizens and the government.
The Project is part of the MATRA programme run by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Within the programme the Netherlands supports countries of Southeast Europe with their EU accession prospects.
Detailed work plans for Macedonia and Serbia
In Macedonia, Kadaster works together with the Agency for Real Estate Cadastre (AREC) on the following topics:
• Increase the number of spatial datasets and usage of the national geoportal in Macedonia
• Support the implementation of the Address Register
• Develop new workflows to update and automise the production of the topographic map
• Increase professional use of geospatial information for property transaction and valuation
In Serbia, Kadaster works together with the Republic Geodetic Authority (RGA) on the following topics:
• Updating of the Framework on NSDI for Serbia at technical, legal, institutional and financial level
• Increase capacity for conducting spatial and statistical data analysis and to develop models for mass valuation of property
• Increase understanding of Key Registries
• Increase understanding of the Open Data concept
• Strengthen institutional and organisational capacity on the role as service provider
• Increase understanding on the concepts of 3D Cadastre
In March a detailed work plan for AREC and RGA was delivered and presented. The first activities will take place in April and May of this year.
SPATIAL for the region
The regional component starts in April. The director generals from the National Mapping and Cadastre Agencies from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia will visit the Netherlands.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSC 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.